Friday, August 28, 2015

ILTA Conference 2015



I've been neglecting this blog to some extent in favor of some other channels lately, and also in favor of some other activities.

This year I've been the Team Coordinator for the Information Management "track" at the International Legal Technology Association's annual conference "ILTACON," which starts on Sunday.  The eight members of my team have developed a great slate of 32 sessions addressing knowledge management, information governance, data analytics, social media, innovation in legal services delivery, and related topics.

On the ILTA blog platform, which is somewhat public, I've posted "Find Your Way to the Education You Want" (about how to plan for ILTACON and how to search through conference sessions), and "Knowledge Management Sessions @ILTACON" that has a detailed description of a possible set of sessions of interest to knowledge managers.

I'm also hosting the #tweetup, which is a Community of Interest, Sunday at 4 PM in Genoa.  This year it's hosted by ILTA, and there will be discussion of tweets, tweeps, and tweeting, other social networking, social media sessions, and maybe a little viola playing so we'll have something to tweet about.

Later in the week, if you want to hear me talk about a subject I've been working on a great deal this  year, come to Roman 1 Wednesday at 11 AM for "The Best of Business Intelligence:  Stories of Success", Session #100. I'll be discussing recent experience with the use of visualizations and business intelligence for practice improvement, matter analytics, and  business development.

Lastly, if any readers are at ILTA member organizations and have attended at least one ILTA conference, I hope you'll consider applying for conference committee. I promise that you will learn a lot, meet great colleagues you otherwise would never encounter, and have a great experience.

No comments: