Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blogging at ILTA 2013: Catalyst

I'm taking up the keyboard again for the fabulous 2013 edition of the International Legal Technology Association's conference, this year called "Catalyst."  In broad outlines, I'll be participating in KM Peer-Group and session preparatory activities today, facilitating part of a discussion about making IT matter on Monday (#spec1) , and moderating a panel on how knowledge  management supports firm operations (#kmpg) Tuesday at 3:30 PM (Florentine I-II).  Of course, aside from "official" duties there are opportunities to learn about new vendors and new technology, hear inspiring keynotes, and meet / reconnect with legal technology peers.  

Particular areas I'm hoping to learn about are secure client-facing extranets (particularly those that allow for "publishing" from within the iManage DMS), litigation pricing, and developments in law firm enterprise collaboration (I believe Tom Baldwin may have some advances to report on that front).

This year I've purchased the "BlogTouch" iPad app.  It allows me to draft posts offline for the Blogger (f/k/a Blogspot) platform, which saves wifi battery life and avoids consistent reliance on not-always-perfect conference wifi.  I still have the Zagg keyboard and a backup laptop.  It should do better than the Notability app because there'll be no necessary intermediate step in publishing.

I'll be publishing notes on sessions and some keynotes.  Comments welcome as always.  And, I hope to see some of you at the KM Reception immediately following the KM and firm operations session.

No comments: